For each of the six questions choose the one correct answer
1. He’s always interfering, he’s always ________
a. sticking his eye in.
b. pushing his face in.
c. poking his nose in.
d. putting his hand in
2. According to the expression, if you risk everything on one opportunity, you_______.
a. put all your glass in one bag.
b. put all your eggs in one basket.
c. carry cups & plates in a big suitcase.
d. put diamonds in your left pocket.
3. We say the grass is greener on the other side of the fence when we________.
4. My father calls a spade a spade. This means he ________.
5. If someone is talking nonsense, they are ________.
6. If someone offers you a ‘wee dram’ in Scotland, what will you get?
c. Correct. You can also describe someone as ‘nosey’.
b. Correct. This is risky because if you drop the basket, the eggs will ….
a. Correct. If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence then we
think someone else’s situation is better than our own.