GRAMMAR TEST – 21
1. This new system is ___ complicated to learn in a short time.
2. He goes swimming on Saturday, but ___.
A) his sister doesn’t
B) his sister does
C) his sister likes
D) does his sister
E) doesn’t his sister
3. The cat doesn’t like to be under the rain, but the dog.___.
4. The bookkeeper works ___ that his figures never need to be controlled.
A) so efficiently
B) so efficient
C) such efficient
D) as efficiently as
E) as efficient as
5. Well, you’d better tell me about it, ___ you?
6. The geometry materials haven’t arrived, and ___.
A) neither .has the algebra materials
B) either have the algebra materials
C) the algebra materials too
D) neither does the algebra materials
E) neither have the algebra materials
7. The doors are painted white, and ___.
A) the ceiling is either
B) the ceiling is neither
C) both of the ceiling
D) the ceiling is too
E) too the ceiling
8. Dorothy Adler is ___ Andy.
B) the oldest
D) older than
E) as old
9. The accident took place at an intersection ___ six streets come together.
E) in which
10. A person ___ would not find sitting at this kind of a chair an arrangement that is comfortable.
A) whom I met
B) who is left-handed
C) who has a Mercedes
D) whom she hit
E) who hates cooking
11. A fruit tree ___ may infect those that are not so.
A) which is a disease
B) which is healthy
C) that is diseased
D) that is cut
E) which is not healthy
12. The paintings were signed by Santiago, ___.
A) belatedly recognized as a master artist
B) a master artist recognizing belatedly
C) who recognized as a master artist
D) the artist who recognized belatedly
E) he is a belatedly recognized artist
13. San Benitto, ___, is proud of its Indian and Mexican heritage.
A) finds before the territory
B) became a state before the territory
C) founded before the territory become a state
D) it is founded before the territory
E) is founded before the territory
14. The housewife sat there peacefully, ____
A) untroubled by the loud argument
B) loud argument is untroubled
C) that the loud argument was untroubled
D) untroubling the loud argument
E) the loud argument which is a trouble
15. ___, the youngest Steven boy waved his ticket in the air.
A) He won at last
B) Who has a winner at last
C) A winner at last
D) That a winner at last
E) The winner was
16. ___, Joanna leaned out over the balcony.
A) An excited spectator
B) Spectator was exciting
C) Exciting spectator was
D) That exciting spectator was
E) She is an exciting spectator
17. The mechanic, an old fellow ___ wore a funny kind of apron, stopped listening to the motor and picked up ___ looked like a hammer.
18. She was still pondering her decision ___ she saw Mrs. Haskel, ___, and Mrs. Perkinson, the contending favourite.
A) when / the show chairman is
B) when / the show chairman
C) what / the show chairman
D) what / that show chairman
E) when / he is the show chairman
19. ___, Miss Motto felt unable to handle the emergency.
A) The only telephone operator on duty is
B) She is the telephone operator who is
C) The only telephone operator on duty
D) She is the telephone operator
E) That she is a telephone operator
20. The first heats were won by Sunstrook, ___, and Middlestride, the pride of all Kentucky.
A) it is a magnificent black stallion
B) which is a magnificent black stallion is
C) that magnificent black stallion
D) whose magnificent black stallion is
E) a magnificent black stallion
21. Both the Swansons and the Dahlson lived in Centerville, ___.
A) it is the comfortable suburb of the city
B) a comfortable suburb of the city
C) which is the comfortable suburb of the city
D) a comfortable suburb of the city is
E) that comfortable suburb of the city is
22. Mr. Willy returned the books, ___.
A) he liked none of them
B) only one of whom he had read
C) only one of them he had read
D) only one of which he had read
E) only of which one he had read
23. Engelberton composed several operas, ___.
A) I can recall none of which
B) none of them I can recall
C) none of which I can recall
D) which I can recall none of them
E) none of I can recall
24. My sickness is a fact ___.
A) that I cannot be overlooked
B) that cannot be overlooked
C) which be overlooked
D) whose doctor can overlook
E) why cannot be overlooked
25. Roberto, ___, opened the door.
A) which I hadn’t seen for years
B) seen for years
C) hadn’t seen for years
D) whom I hadn’t seen for years
E) who I hadn’t seen for years
|TEST 17||TEST 18||TEST 19||TEST 20||TEST 21||TEST 22||TEST 23||TEST 24|