GRAMMAR TEST – 22
1. This has been one of the worst floods ___ in the South west.
A) which have occurred
B) which had occurred
C) whose have occurred
D) that occurs
E) that may occur
2. The broker ___ today told us the awful news.
A) who is calling
B) who may call
C) who called
D) who will call
E) . who calls
3. Chalmers stopped to help the woman ___.
A) whom car had gone off the road
B) whose car had gone off the road
C) car had gone off the road
D) car is going off the road
E) going off the road
4. Barbie likes novels ___ her intellectually.
A) whose stimulate
B) that stimulate
C) that stimulating
E) that was stimulating
5. The doctor ___ has proved its value.
A) who experimented with the drug
B) the drug of which is experimented
C) experimented with the drug
D) who was experimented with the drug
E) who wants to be experimented the drug
6. My uncle ___ in Los Altos is a surgeon.
C) whom he is living
D) who he is living
E) that living
7. Georgia has joined the laboratory ___ more money than the others.
A) which was offered
C) which offered
D) which offers
E) that will offer
8. A poem ___ at the age of 40 remains my favourite.
A) which writing
C) that written
D) he writing
E) which he wrote
9. Mrs. Ditmarol sold only the property ___.
A) no longer profitable
B) which was no longer profitable
C) that had been no longer profitable
D) whom was no longer profitable
E) which it was no longer profitable
10. Emilia, ____ watched the last sailboat sink beneath the horizon.
A) lingering at the window
B) lingered at the window
C) by lingering at the window
D) to linger at the window
E) when lingering at the window
11. She received support from conservationists, ___ by the filling in of the
A) who were alarmed
B) who alarmed
C) who are alarmed
E) were alarmed
12. The workers ____ industrial unit burned down soon found other jobs.
13. The car ___ tank engine was new was running well yesterday.
E) in which
14. The pilot ___ was Timette’s husband.
A) whom crashed
B) whose plane crashed
C) whose his plane crashed
D) crashed his plane
E) that crashing
15. Los Angeles, ___, is a great city.
A) that population is increasing
B) the population is increasing
C) increased the population
D) a rich population
E) whose population is increasing
16. The boys ___ are panting for inhalation.
A) just who won the race
B) won the race
C) whom just won the race
D) who just won the race
E) whose race just won
17. The old man ___ was humming an unfamiliar melody.
A) was walking down the road
B) which was walking down the road
C) who was walking down the road
D) whom was walking down the road
E) walked down the road
18. The nurses ___ at the worktable by the door are waiting for the doctor.
A) who are sitting
B) whom were sitting
C) are sitting
D) were sitting
E) that sitting
19. The patient ___ is only thirty-six years old.
A) had a heart attack
B) who had a heart attack
C) whose heart attacked
D) which had a heart attack
E) who will have a heart attack
20. I’m thinking of something ___ a fuzzy skin and a long tail.
A) legs of four
B) that has four legs
C) legs of which has four
D) which four legs
E) has four legs
21. The Mitchellson went to a restaurant ___ excellent seafood.
A) which is having
C) which serve
D) which served
E) whose serve
22. Do you see the schoolboy ___ the door?
A) who is closing
B) is closing
D) that closing
E) who was closing
23. Have you talked to the overweight man ___ a hamburger?
A) who had eaten
B) was eating
C) who is eating
D) who eats
E) that was eating
24. Do you know the child ___ a red hot-air balloon?
A) who has
C) whom has
D) whose has
E) which has
25. You have already met the lady ___ a white fedora.
A) who was wearing
B) that was wearing
C) who is wearing
D) is wearing
|TEST 17||TEST 18||TEST 19||TEST 20||TEST 21||TEST 22||TEST 23||TEST 24|