GRAMMAR TEST – 30
1. The airline did have a flight to Atlanta, _____ Dora’s ticket was no longer valid.
2. Many seats have been vacant at the afternoon performances, ___.
A) although the tickets are costly,
B) because attendance is not free,
C) although the attendance is free
D) but the salon is very big
E) although the play wasn’t enjoyable
3. Rain has not been predicted, ____.
A) because the sky is cloudy
B) because it is very cold
C) although the sky is expected to be cloudy
D) although the sky is very bright
E) because it is winter
4. The kitchen is the main workroom in a home, ___ its lighting is most likely more important than of any other room.
5. The back seat in fact stretches out, so_____ a seven-foot man can be comfortable.
6. ___, his father held him on his lap and let him handle the steering wheel.
A) When only a boy
B) When he was only a boy
C) A boy
D) To be a boy
E) A boy only when
7. ___, we like pancakes and waffles.,
A) When they are serving piping hot
B) When serving piping hot
C) They served piping hot
D) Although they are served piping hot
E) as they are served piping hot
8. ___, you will like the new nylon uniforms.
A) When fitting properly
B) When they are fitted properly
C) Fitting properly
D) Unless you fit properly
E) Although fitted properly
9. ___, you may learn something.
A) To watch Mr. Burnew repair the wiring
B) Unless you had watched Mr. Burns repair the wiring
C) By watching Mr. Burnew repair the wiring
D) By watching Mr. Burnew repairing the wiring
E) Before watching Mr. Burnew repair the wiring
10. _______ Jerrican moved the wastebasket.
A) Dropping out paper
B) Dropped out paper
C) After he will drop out paper
D) Because he was dropped out paper
E) Although dropped out paper
11. ___, Phyllissa was intrigued by the local costumes.
A) After he was a newcomer
B) He is a newcomer
C) If he is a newcomer
D) Unless he was a newcomer
E) Being a newcomer
12. ___, we felt a new liability.
A) After we were signed the agreement
B) Before signed the agreement
C) Although signed the agreement
D) After signing the agreement
E) If we signed the agreement
13. ___ the barn seemed a protected place for me to be.
A) When I will be frightened
C) When I was frightened
D) When frightening
E) When I scared
14. ___, the quarrel between them began again.
A) While they gossip
B) While they are gossiping
C) While they were gossiping
D) While gossiped
E) While they wanted to gossiped
15. ___, her mother taught her how to sew.
A) When the girl is merely a child
B) When merely a child
C) When the girl was merely a child
D) Merely when a child
E) When the girl had been merely a child
16. Frankie’s father has been transferred to Kentucky; ___ to school here in the fall.
A) but Frank will not be returning
B) therefore, Frank will not be returning
C) therefore, Frank will be returning
D) however, Frank will not be returning
E) also Frank will be returning
17. Both commuters and inhabitants are concerned about roadside litter; ___, until recently no one has made a constructive suggestion.
18. Thommy still had his last paycheque, _____ he and his wife were not interested in another investment.
19. ______ they scored poorly, they played a good match against the Giants.
D) As long as
20. Jimmy held his tongue, ______ he was quivering with anger.
21. Hurriedly we pitched our tents, ____.
A) although it began to rain
B) since the rain was beginning
C) even if it rains
D) even though it rained
E) because it would fain soon
22. New medical supplies are being sent to the region ______ the disease is now widespread.
B) as if
23. Jim Ameghino left no message ___ yesterday.
A) why he check
B) which he checked it
C) when he checked
D) that he had checked it
E) unless he checks it
24. The tow truck located the station wagon Y ___ we had abandoned it.
B) in which
25. He hasn’t shaved ___.
A) for he left military service
B) since a long time
C) since he had left military service
D) since he left military service
E) for leaving military service
|GRAMER TESTLERİ CEVAP ANAHTARI|
|TEST 25||TEST 26||TEST 27||TEST 28||TEST 29||TEST 30||TEST 31||TEST 32|