GRAMMAR TEST – 45
1. _______ its old age, the car was in perfect condition.
C) in fact
2. The lecturer was so _____ that it ____ all the students. I was _______ too.
3. It is necessary that Turkey _________- more than it does now.
B) will export
D) is exporting
4. Some instruments ____ by modern scientists are quite simple; others are very difficult.
C) to use
E) are used
5. The last solution………. is for another job.
A) that I look
B) for my looking
C) for me looking
D) for I to look
E) I am looking
6. There are different kinds of headaches, the most widespread of ________ the migraine.
A) which are
B) them are
C) which is
D) which they are
E) that is
7. The electric eel _____ in North America has enough electric power to light as many as a dozen electric light bulbs.
A) which found
C) was found
E) to find
8. Benjamin was in his usual comfortable corner, quietly _____ a cigarette.
B) was smoking
E) had smoked
9. Mrs. Black usually has a spare room in her house, and she never minds helping anyone who has nowhere to sleep _____ he is respectable.
10. _____ through the darkness, I could see five tall men approaching.
A) I peered
B) I was peering
D) Have peered
11. “Do you want another cup of tea?”
“It depends on how much time ____ is before we have to leave.”
D) we have
12. He is of average _____ but he can play volleyball very well.
E) in height
13. It is preferable to lose one’s life than …………………….
A) if you lose your spirit
B) to lose one’s spirit
C) losing his spirit
D) your spirit getting lost
E) if your spirit
14. It seems that the bus for _____ we are waiting will not come.
15. You must do this question __________ the way you are told.
16. She finds ____ difficult to answer her daughter’s questions.
17. “I haven’t seen you for a long time.”
“Well, I ____ all this week.
A) I was trying to call you
B) I am trying to call you
C) I have been trying to call you
D) I tried to call you
E) I had been trying to call you
18. The government publishes health warnings on cigarettes ___ people would become aware of the haphazard of smoking.
A) so that
D) such that
E) so far as
19. _____ the world population is rising fast, food production is keeping up with it.
C) So far as
E) In case
20. Who is that attractive girl _______
A) that everybody is looking
B) everybody is looking at
C) that everybody is looking at her
D) everybody looking at
E) at that everybody is looking
21. I was introduced to Mrs. Uzuner _____ had sold a million copies.
A) the latest novel of hers
B) the latest novel of which
C) whose latest novel
D) the latest novel of whose
E) the latest novel of whom
22. The type of headache most widespread to men _____ the cluster headache.
B) which are
C) that is
23. …………………., Ahmet Altan is also well known for his outstanding books.
A) A journalist
B) He is an eminent journalist
C) An eminent journalist who is
D) Despite an eminent journalist
E) To be an eminent journalist
24. ………… debate and discussion, contradicting ideas are presented in an attempt to persuade people.
C) That both
D) In both
E) Although both
25. Bodrum, south of Ankara,………….. city of different people, is extremely crowded in summers.
B) it is the
C) there is the
D) where is the
E) is the
|TEST 41||TEST 42||TEST 43||TEST 44||TEST 45||TEST 46||TEST 47||TEST 48|