GRAMMAR TEST – 91
GRAMMAR TEST – 91
1. When the police _____, the _____ will have escaped.
A) arrives / thief
B) arrive / thief
C) has arrived / thief
D) has arrived / thief
E) have arrived / thief
2. Every time we see him , the news he _____us _____ bad.
A) has told / are
C) told / were
3. Tell Lisa to thank Mr. Jordan for his generosity as soon as she ______ him.
A) will meet
E) have met
4. The Second World War _____ for six years .
A) has been lasting
B) has lasted
D) had lasted
E) was lasting
5. Exactly a year ago , I ______ the same exam; I hope I______ this year.
A) have passed / will succeed
B) have taken / succeed
C) passed/will succeed
D) was taking/succeed
E) took/will succeed
6. _____me do this exercise? I _____it very hard.
A) You will help / am finding
B) Would you help / find
C) Will you help / have found
D) Will you help / am finding.
E) Did you help /1 had found
7. Father said he would have his tea immediately he _____ back.
A) would get
C) has got
D) will get E) got
8. That’s the best awarding _____.
A) I never heard
B) I didn’t hear
C) I used to hear
D) I have ever heard
E) I hear
9. Don’t ______ his advice or else you will be _____..
A) has listened to / hurts
B) have listened to / hurt
C) listened to / hurt
D) listened to / hurts
E) listen to / hurt
10. A number of students in this class_____ to make out where ____.
A) was dying / you have gone
B) are dying / you have been
C) is dying / you have been
D) were dying / you go
E) has been dying/have you been
11. Forty minutes _____ more than enough time to _____ this training.
A) is / achieve
B) is / finishes
C) has been / finish
D) was / achieve
E) are / achieves
12. This morning the postman was _____down the street by my Pit-bull.
13. She ______ when she heard the sad news
A) broke down
B) broke off
C) broke out
D) broke up
E) broke into
14. Her relations always come ………. that day once a year.
15. I live ………. the country………. there.
16. She rushed ………. again and was just………. time to catch the afternoon coach.
17. There are many steps………. the process ………. reading.
18. ………. this paragraph, the basic idea is in the middle ………. the paragraph.
19. I admired her greatly ………. her bravery and his cheerfulness.
20) They all nodded their heads ….. agreement.
21. Robert went………. work and visited Clara ………. the evenings.
22. Jim’s got money ………. his pockets.
23. Who’s that? His friend stopped ………. the middle………. eating.
24. If I find her I’ll finish ………. her!
25. People who steal and kill someone are put………. the prison-ships, and they
stay there ………. years sometimes.
|TEST 89||TEST 90||TEST 91||TEST 92||TEST 93||TEST 94||TEST 95||TEST 96|