| 81.-85. sorularda, boş bırakılan yere parçanın anlam bütünlüğünü sağlamak için getirilebilecek cümleyi bulunuz.
81) Most flowering plants bloom in the spring or summer. _______________ . One of these is the peony. Certain kinds of peonies can produce beautiful red or pink flowers even on the coldest days of the year.
A) That is why everyone is impressed deeply at the sight of plains and slopes during these seasons
B) But there are some plants that also have flowers in the winter
C) Some of them blossom daily, but most last for a few days
D) These flowers are a delight to eye and most are used in medicine
E) However, dry areas have only a limited number of them
82) Until recently scientists thought that the first humans developed from our ape ancestors in Africa. According to this theory, these early humans then gradually moved to other parts of the world._____________ . In 1990 scientists in China found the bones of two human heads from about one million years ago. These heads may mean that humans didn’t all develop in Africa.
A) Now there is new evidence for a different theory about the beginnings of humans
B) They later established settlements and stopped nomadic way of life
C) Scientists have, therefore, made excavations in Africa
D) Finally they multiplied and populated the earth
E) And as a result, Africa is certainly the birth place of the first humans
83) _______________ . For that reason these trees are sometimes associated with the idea of life after death. For this reason, in Italy, they are usually the only kinds of trees that people plant in graveyards.
A) The type of trees mostly depends on the type of soil and the available moisture
B) Most trees have a tough structure, making them suitable for heating
C) Old trees are a gift to us from our ancestors, who passed away long ago
D) Evergreen trees never lose their leaves
E) Graveyards in many countries are neat and spectacular, with trees row after row
84) Chocolate is one of the most popular sweets in the world. It is eaten as candy, in cakes, cookies, and puddings. In some places, however, it is also eaten in a non-sweet form. The Mexicans, for example, make a chicken dish with a spicy chocolate sauce. ________ .
A) This sauce does not include any sweetener whatsoever
B) Mexicans, in fact, consume a lot of chocolate mixed with sugar
C) Food additives are actually harmful to health, especially of children
D) Besides, Argentineans are addicted to sweet chocolate
E) Today sweet industry makes great use of chocolate in every form
85) There are many dangers in the jungle and in the water of the rivers. ______________. It has many small teeth as sharp as knives. They are not large fish, but when hundreds of them attack a man at once, they can tear the flesh from his bones in a few minutes.
A) Along the banks of the rivers are there tall trees
B) For example, huge crocodiles swim and hunt in these rivers
C) There aren’t many animals living in the Amazon jungle
D) Women do most of the farming work by these rivers
E) For instance, a dangerous fish called the piranha lives in the Amazon
86.-90. sorularda, verilen duruma uygun düşen cümleyi bulunuz.
86) One of your friends is going to the public library. You aren’t yet a member and you don’t know the membership requirements, but you want to be a member. You demand him to learn them and say:
A) Can you borrow a book titled “Who cares about the world?” for me? I need it urgently.
B) Do you mind finding out what is necessary to borrow books regularly when you go there?
C) I wonder if members are bound to pay a regular fee to the library
D) Will you ask them how much longer I can keep this book with me?
E) Give me a ring if they agree with me about the membership fee
87) You borrowed a friend’s record recently. Unfortunately, your hand slipped while you were putting it on the turntable and the record was scratched slightly. You know that your friend is very fussy about his record and he is sure to notice. What can you tell him while returning the record?
A) Although I placed it carefully, I couldn’t understand how it was scratched.
B) I think you don’t mind a scratched record. You have plenty of records.
C) I’m afraid you will never lend me anything from now on.
D) Yes, the record is scratched but if I were you I could forgive my friend.
E) I’m extremely sorry to have your record scratched, but I can pay for the damage if you want.
88) You are chatting with a friend at the pub for a long time. You suddenly remember that you have promised to take your wife to the theatre. Then you say:
A) We talk so much that I have never noticed how the time has passed.
B) Oh, one should always keep his promise in order to get on well with his wife.
C) I ought to go immediately. I don’t want my wife to be cross with me.
D) Are you sure that the play isn’t worth seeing?
E) What you are telling is very interesting, but I’m always under the influence of my wife.
89) One of your friends calls you at midnight and cries that she is bored very much and asks some suggestion from you. To calm her down and solve the problem later, you say:
A) I see what your problem is, but we cannot do anything for this right now, let’s talk about it tomorrow.
B) You first go to bed and try to fall asleep, because sleep loss may cause that problem.
C) I don’t know whether you want to sleep or not, but I know that I need to sleep.
D) Leave me alone for the time being, I know you also need sleep.
E) Time is an important tool for everything; let it stay in that complexity.
90) One day you have a chance and you are going to be given the opportunity to have an interview with the famous singer you want. The condition is to choose only one famous singer and you are confused because there are lots. To take help, you call one of your best friends and ask:
A) If you were me, which popular singer would you recall first?
B) Whatever you say will definitely affect my decision – take or refuse the offer?
C) Could you please do this interview on behalf of me?
D) I am very indecisive right now, my friend, so I have called to take your idea.
E) This chance of interview has been making my mind very busy nowadays.
91.-95. sorularda, karşılıklı konuşmanın boş bırakılan kısmını tamamlayabilecek ifadeyi bulunuz.
91) Sandra : _______________
Sue : Yes, I have. I don’t know how I will manage to go work.
Sandra : Can’t you stay at home?
Sue : Not really. I have too many arrangements to do.
A) Did you catch cold when you were going to work early in the morning?
B) Do you have any idea if you are going to work tomorrow?
C) It sounds as though you’ve got a bad cold.
D) Have you been out in the rain for a long time lately?
E) Have you ever gone to work despite of being ill?