İngilizce Deneme 1
1-22. sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1) Animal rights activists say thousands of pigeons will starve to _______ if city authorities succeed in barring the sole licensed feed dealer from the square.
A) fear B) extinction C) nutrition D) assassination E) death
2) MM company has responded to the public demand with multi-purpose vehicles, now it combines this _______ with the performance and comfort of a top-of-the-range car.
A) versatility B) attraction C) sustenance D) abuse E) progress
3) Dust and dirt soon _____ if a house is not cleaned regularly.
A) recognize B) accumulate C) introduce D) replace E) stimulate
4) In developed countries, people tend to go to psychological _______ because they themselves cannot deal with the problems arising from rapid and isolated pace of life.
A) guides B) inhabitants C) explorers D) counselors E) lecturers
5) Because the British crown jewels are _____, they are kept in an extremely secure building.
A) worthwhile B) glorious C) popular D) worthless E) invaluable
A) deficient B) dominant C) commercial D) tough E) exotic
7) In the eighteenth century an English doctor, William Tuke, filled the grounds of a hospital for _______ disturbed people with chickens, rabbits and goats because they help improve the psychological problems.
A) physically B) excessively C) exclusively D) mentally E) specially
8) When I found the question ________ more difficult than the previous one, I made up my mind to ask my teacher for it.
A) considerably B) obviously
9) The bomb was taken away and the army _____ it _____ at a safe distance from the houses.
A) backed / up B) brought / up C) calmed / down D) asked / out
10) Even though Spencer had _______ Mary ____ several times, she again and again refused to have dinner at a restaurant with him.
A) let / out B) asked / out
11) I’ve always wondered how primitive people ______ before they ______ the wheel.
A) had been travelling / had been invented
12) Silvia in addition to her three daughters ______ in a lovely cottage on the edge of the mountain.
A) live B) have lived C) are living D) lives E) were living
13) According to the government authorities, the value of Turkish currency ______ noticeably over the next few months.
A) will be dropping B) dropped C) drop D) are dropping E) has dropped
A) has learnt / has been able to move
15) The coach and Rob’s team-mates believe that _____ he has recovered from the knee operation, he will be again playing as well as before.
A) until B) before C) once
16) Ever since the storm, the garage roof ______, and I am afraid the water _______ the car rusty.
A) has been leaking / will make
A) between / from B) on / in C) with / in D) from / in
18) The number of the patients who ______ exposed to wrong treatment _______ still unknown to the authorities.
A) were / are B) have been / is
19) The authorities _______ cigarette advertising from television and radio before and recently, the time ______ to ban it from newspapers, magazines and billboards as well.
A) has been banning / has come
|<< Geri –|