İngilizce Deneme 3
| 1-22. sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1) There have been many speculations recently but the Finance Minister’s ______ of economic chaos has proved correct.
A) ritual B) infection C) prediction
2) During her long journey from Yorkshire to Canterbury the Queen was ______ by soldiers on horseback.
A) preceded B) receded C) coated
3) Whereas the latest album of the singer had little success in his own country, it was highly ______ by the people in other countries.
A) varied B) acclaimed C) disregarded
4) I think the girls largely admire the famous actor Leonardo di Cap Rio due to the fact that he is far away from them and thus ________.
A) excessive B) notorious
5) The pope said, “We may _____ from monkeys” and that hypothesis induced a great sensation throughout the world.
A) decimate B) assimilate C) eliminate
6) The fact that the community consumed the store of food _______ led to great famine within the area where disaster took place.
A) consciously B) profoundly
A) attempt B) confirmation
A) enable B) retard C) preserve
9) All I can remember about the time when I _______ is my mother’s anxious face and it was clear that she was afraid of my having fainted.
A) got across B) brought up
10) Nick was agitated when I told him we couldn’t afford to go to Mexico, but he soon _______.
A) got down B) calmed down
11) My grandfather was such a polite man that he ________ his guests a warm welcome no matter what time it was.
A) was used to give
12) The bride’s ex-husband came to the wedding ceremony without ________, so he ______ to leave the hall in order not to cause any trouble.
A) being invited / was asked
13) You don’t have to hesitate about coming to İstanbul owing to the fact that your father is in Germany now because by the time you arrive here, he _________ back.
A) will have been B) has been
A) Would you prefer
15) Hundreds of terrorists ________ during the last operation which was made in Northern Iraq.
A) are reported to capture
16) Your having lots of money has changed everybody; that’s, even the man who ______ a word to you by yesterday ________ to you just like your close friend these days.
A) hadn’t uttered / is talking
17) You _______ more attention during the lesson. As the teacher of this class I am starting to get irritated with your constant inability to answer my questions.
A) would pay B) may pay
18) Kylie was very upset _______ that all the places on the cruise __________.
A) hear / booked
A) watch / doing B) to watch / to do
20) Jason walked all the way from his office ______ his house, ______ he may feel hungry for dinner.
A) until / so B) as far as / so that
21) Susan ________ up in such a family that she is not accustomed to _______ like that.
A) is bringing / treat
22) _______ nearly two hundred years now, anthropologists have thought that human beings first originated _____ Africa, but this idea has changed.
A) In / from B) At / at C) For / in
23-27. sorularda, aşağıdaki parçada numaralanmış yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
The term population explosion is usually ____(23)___ to the rapid growth of the last three centuries. In the last two hundred years from 1650 to 1850 world population doubled and reached ______(24)___ first billion. In the next eighty years, it doubled again, and ____(25)____ 1975, it had doubled once more to a total of 4 billion. By the year 2010, it is estimated that it ____(26)___ 7 billion and possibly approach 8 billion unless there is a major _____(27)___ in birth rates or a major increase in deaths.
23) A) accustomed
25) A) after B) by C) over
26) A) would exceed
27) A) reduction
Deneme Testleri, İngilizce testleri
KPDS.ORG bedava ingilizce hazırlık ve testler