İngilizce Deneme 5
| 1-22. sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1) Jujitsu can be an excellent form of self-protection because it ______ one to overcome an opponent without the use of weapons.
2) Yoga views the person as a whole; as a unique combination of body, mind and soul, and its techniques _______ that body-mind-soul harmony.
3) “Nature is the physician of all diseases” is from Hippocrates, who understood that no medicine matches the body’s own ______ to revitalize itself.
4) In spite of having lived a number of mental problem down because of his break-off, the poet wrote a lovely poem in the mood of ____ .
5) Contrary to what everybody had expected, there was no pay rise in their salary and therefore they were thoroughly ________.
6) In addition to leading a single life, Brian is always on the public eye and for that reason, he is a / an _______ bachelor for all the girls in the company.
7) She needs a job which is a little more demanding _______ because the current job doesn’t provide her with any knowledge and opportunity to develop herself.
8) According to one of the tests in psychology, it is stated that there are _______ successful persons who are well-adjusted socially despite having lots of emotional difficulties, but success in job doesn’t mean success in life.
9) The fact that Mary revealed the student who made the joke to the teacher caused her to get _______ from the class.
10) Since the 1600s, worldwide commercial exploitation of animals for food and other products has caused many species to ______ in extinction or being endangered.
11) Scientists at NASA _______ a computer model depicting changes in the Antarctic ice sheet since the peak of the last ice age nearly 20,000 years ago.
12) Glaciologists study the behaviour of the ice sheet to understand more about how fast it grows and moves, so they _____ better predict how the ice sheet ______ respond to climate changes in the future.
13) As far as I know, the shops are open on every Sunday in this city; otherwise, my close friend, Sandy _________ on shopping on last Sunday.
14) In newspaper publishing businesses, there have been considerable changes recently; for example, many jobs that _______ by hand are now going on by machine.
15) _______ we hadn’t told him about the secret of our company, he wouldn’t have embarrassed us like that.
16) Many of the singers who ______ part in these concerts may only be interested in publicity; on the other hand, there are a number who _____ deeply about the plight of people in Africa.
17) You ______ boots in case there is snow on the mountains, even if there ______ usually very much at this time of year.
18) As you see, everybody is laughing at you nowadays, so I think you understood that you shouldn’t have let your private life ____ away.
19) If my memory doesn’t say the opposite, I haven’t ________ any instruction letter so as to provide the necessary information for me.
20) If the engineering firm ______ a new managing director, Colin _____ unemployed these days.
21) Towards the end of the 17th century, Sir Christopher Wren, the architect of St Paul’s Cathedral, ______ to build the South and East fronts, one of which ______ by fire.
22) To be honest ____ you, what you have done so far has little to do ____ improving your test skill; that’s why you fail to answer these multiple-choice questions.
23-27. sorularda, aşağıdaki parçada numaralanmış yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
Naturalism in philosophy is a position that attempts ___(23)___ all phenomena and account for all values by means of strictly natural as opposed to supernatural categories. The particular meaning of naturalism varies ___(24)___ what is opposed to it. It is usually considered the opposite of idealism, is sometimes equated with empiricism or materialism, and is not easily ___(25)_____ from positivism. Naturalism limits ___(26)____ to a search for causes and takes little account of reasons. Naturalism in the broad sense ____(27)____ in diverse forms by Aristotle, the Cynics and the Stoics.
23) A) to explain
24) A) from B) on C) with
26) A) it B) them C) its
27) A) has been maintained
Deneme Testleri, İngilizce testleri
KPDS.ORG bedava ingilizce hazırlık ve testler