İngilizce Deneme 7
| 1-22. sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1) The ________ between Susan and her younger sister is so great that they are often mistaken for twins.
2) The _______ of Britain in 1066 by the Roman invaders from France marked a major turning point in the country’s history.
3) Although Jennifer has now recovered from her illness, it has really _______ her, and she will have to take things easy for a while.
4) When it came to light that several of the voters had accepted bribes, the election was ______ invalid.
5) The weather is so ______ that I never know whether to take my sunglasses, my umbrella, my thick jumper, or all three!
6) We are lucky that a _______ library comes to our village once a week, so we don’t have to travel far to get something to read.
7) He _______ told them the wrong bus time because he didn’t want them to go with him.
8) Because we had spent far too much during our holiday, we had ______ enough to pay our hotel bill.
9) The policy commentators have recently _______ many suggestions, but a decision is unlikely until after next year’s general election. We wait and see.
10) Mark Thompson was ______ as one of the most outstanding male dancers of the decade in the 19th century.
11) If we keep to our plans for future and don’t go out of business, our company _________ in this field for three decades by 2015.
12) When he learnt that the plane ______ off for another two hours, he felt frustrated because he ____ late for the opening ceremony of the department store.
13) Sociologists _____ that children _______ with enough education although they cannot agree on what is enough.
14) There ____ so much debate over the project if only you ____ their demand for a minor modification.
15) I really wish you ____ on my being your partner in this venture. Look how much debt we are both in now.
16) We cannot leave home and go shopping _____ the rain keeps falling heavily. Then what will we cook for the guests this evening?
17) ____ we or the other team will win the victory in this match is not so important, but I still want you to do your best to win it.
18) _____irrelevant my question may seem to the issue under discussion, you’ll notice its significance if you look from another point of view.
19) The kidnapped person who is back home has announced to the reporters that he ___ not like a captive but like a guest.
20) _________ she was held up in heavy traffic unfortunately caused her to miss the job interview.
21) Not even once in the last month _____ possible for him to hear from his dearest friend, who happens to be in the conflict area.
22) I don’t think you have tasted a more delicious cake than the one my mother made, _____?
23-27. sorularda, aşağıdaki parçada numaralanmış yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
The gladiators __(23)___ performed at Etruscan funerals, no doubt with intent to give the dead man armed attendants in the next world; hence the fights were usually to the death. At shows in Rome these __(24)___ became wildly popular and increased in size from three pairs at the first known exhibition in 264 BC to 300 pairs in the time of Julius Caesar. ___(25)___, the shows extended from one day to as ___(26)__ as a hundred, under the emperor Titus; while the emperor Trajan in his triumph had 5,000 pairs of gladiators. Shows were also given in other towns of the Roman Empire, __(27)___ can be seen from the traces of amphitheatres.
23) A) originally
24) A) rituals
25) A) Nevertheless
26) A) much B) few C) many
27) A) like B) such as C) as
Deneme Testleri, İngilizce testleri
KPDS.ORG bedava ingilizce hazırlık ve testler