+ KELİME TEST 27
| TEST 27
1) On the fifth day after the shipwreck they gave up all hope of finding any …….
2) Since the company has been found negligent by the court, his claim for …….for the accident has been accepted.
3) As he has adamantly withstood all kinds of political pressure on this issue for so long, it is improbable that he would ……… at this stage.
4) The British entry into the European Community has ……. a new line of policy.
5) The argument he has put forward is barely …….. with the information we have so far received on the case.
6) I disapprove of the methods he is using, but his …….. aim, as regards the project, is admirable.
7) I have looked through the report, but must confess, only …….
8) The share spared by the budget committee can be used ….. to finance work on child health.
9) It has become a fashion among pop music stars to use some of their money to ……. needy children.
10) . The commission has ……. the matter, but they have found no irregularities.
11) . In an effort to …….. the rate of inflation, most of the banks have raised their interest rates.
12) . As my assistant will be away for a couple of days would you be kind enough to ……. my correspondence?
13) Amongst the problems facing bridge engineers, the most serious ones are those of …..and repair.
14) The two major political parties in Britain are presently …….. to extreme and radically different approaches to the solution of Britain’s economic problems.
15) It is now apparent that while US leaders are still willing for the nation to exert itself abroad and give large amounts of foreign assistance, the American public is ……… to go along with these policies.
16) It is … astonishing that the art of ancient American remains the mysterious and the least accessible.
17) Bartok was influenced as much by the musical innovations of Debussy and Stravinsky as by East Europeans …… Hungarian, folk music.
18) Owing to industrialization and colonization, the nineteenth century ……. the greatest expansion of wealth the world had ever known.
19) The two archaeologists have tried hard to read the inscription in old Latin, but I do not suppose they have …… what it really means.
20) The children in our day are healthier and better ……. than those of the past and far fewer of them die in infancy.
21) My senator did a complete ___ when he voted for higher taxes.
22) Psychologists have succeeded in undermining parents’…….. in their own authority.
23) Boys and girls are given the ……. to get to know each other, to learn to live together from their earliest years.
24) The young ……. the old because they feel deprived of the good things life has to offer.
25) The space race done nothing to …….. the suffering of the earth’s starving millions?
|KELİME TESTLERİ CEVAP ANAHTARI|
|TEST 25||TEST 26||TEST 27||TEST 28||TEST 29||TEST 30||TEST 31||TEST 32|