For each of the six questions choose the one correct answer
1. If you take something ________ heart, you are very sensitive.
2. People all ________ the world are learning English.
3. I always go ____ home for Christmas.
4. I live in a flat ________the second floor.
5. He’s already left the office but you can phone him ________ home.
6. This is Nelson’s Column. It stands ……
a. on Trafalgar Square
b. at Trafalgar Square
c. by Trafalgar Square
d. in Trafalgar Square
PREPOSITIONS 1 answers
b. Wrong. However, this preposition is used in the following expression: ‘I
know Mary seems rather serious, but I think she’s young at heart’. It
means that someone (Mary in this case) has maintained a youthful
approach to life even though she’s got older.
a. Wrong. We say ‘I am at home’.
c. Correct. ‘Go home’ (no preposition) is correct.
b. Wrong. We can say ‘Call him on his mobile (phone)’.