For each of the six questions choose the one correct answer
1. Which of these nouns does NOT follow the preposition “out of”?
a. the ordinary
c. the fence
2. Jenny loves sports and she’s particularly keen _______ tennis and
3. Are you good ________remembering prepositions in English?
4. Learning English isn’t difficult! In fact there’s nothing ________ it.
5. Do you believe ________ miracles?
6. ‘Are you going for a drink ________ this evening?’
d. — (no preposition)
PREPOSITIONS 2 answers
a. Wrong. “Out of the ordinary” means unusual.
b. Wrong. “ Out of character” means to do something you would not usually
c. Correct. The answer is ‘the fence’. If, however, someone sits on the
fence, it means that they find it hard to make a decision or voice their
opinion about something.
d. Wrong. “We’re out of time” means there is no more time left.
b. Correct. When something is very simple & easy we say “There’s nothing
a. Correct. We say believe in something.