For each of the six questions choose the one correct answer
1. I always have trouble ________ prepositions.
2. I’m going home ________ two weeks.
3. Long hair was fashionable ________ the 1970s.
d. — (no preposition)
4. Fill the gap. He likes being called ________ his first name.
5. I’ve lived in Paris ________ 5 years.
6. Sometimes our teacher gets angry if she is ________ a bad mood.
PREPOSITIONS 3 answers
a. Correct.. We say ‘Something will happen in two weeks.’
a. Correct. ‘He likes being called by his first name’ is correct.
a. Wrong. During + noun e.g. I fell asleep during the film.
b. Wrong. Since + a point in time e.g. since 1996 or yesterday.
c. Wrong. While + subject + verb e.g. while I was watching TV…
d. Correct. For + a period of time.
c. Correct. We say someone is in a good or bad mood.